This page will be regularly reviewed to ensure all information and contact details are up to date.
An appointment only service is operating for all Sexual Health Clinics, please call the Sexual Health Clinic directly or log in to LSL.SHL.uk for contraception and STI testing kits.
In response to coronavirus (COVID-19), you will need to call your Sexual Health Clinics and you will be advised if you need to come into the clinic to see a doctor or nurse. Please do not attend any sexual health clinics without calling first, an appointment is required.
• Camberwell Sexual Health Centre – 020 3299 5005
• Burrell Street Clinic – 020 7188 6666
• Walworth Road Clinic – 020 7188 7707
• Streatham Hill Clinic – 020 7188 7707
• Downham Health & Leisure Centre (Under 25’s only) – 020 3049 3500
• The Primary Care Centre – 020 3049 3500
• Waldron Health Centre – 020 3049 3500
If you live in Lambeth, Southwark, Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea, or Westminster, please visit Sexual Health London for free contraception (including emergency contraception pill) and STI home testing kits. If the type of contraception is not available or you are having symptoms which you think are related to your method of contraception, please call your sexual health clinic directly.
The emergency contraceptive pill, is also available for free at some local pharmacies. Find more information for:
Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) is highly effective in reducing unplanned pregnancies and supports a self-management approach to sexual health. It has the additional advantage of being long-lasting, convenient and cost-effective.
In order to enable more women to access contraception, Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham (LSL) are working with the MSI Reproductive Choices’ Brixton clinic.
You can book an appointment from today to be seen as early as next week. The number to call is 0345 300 2350 (telephone lines are open between 7am – 11pm). Appointments are essential, no walk-ins would be accepted.
Dedicated LARC clinics:
• Marie Stopes International (MSI) Reproductive Choices
Brixton – Raleigh Gardens, 1a Brixton Hill, Brixton, London SW2 1AB
Book via telephone on 0345 300 2350 or use the webchat service on their website; https://www.msichoices.org.uk/
• Pavilion Medical Centre
Brixton – Brighton Terrace, Ferndale, London SW9 8DJ
Appointment required – please contact your registered GP to book.Note: this clinic is only open to Lambeth residents.
You can get free contraception, including emergency contraception, from most general practices in Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham, a contraception or sexual health clinic, a young people’s service (these have an upper age limit) and some genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinics.
If you live in Lewisham, Lewisham Greenwich Trust is offering an initial online telephone consultation & assessment for LARC. Online bookable appointments for LARC (including insertion/removal/replacement of implant or coil and emergency coil) can be arranged via this link.
• NAZ is providing emergency food runs and the contact for this is Khaiser Khan – email@example.com
• Brixton Soup Kitchen: The centre is temporarily closed because of COVID-19 but they are still providing food packages for the most vulnerable people in LSL (elderly, homeless, families in need etc) Address: 297-299 Coldharbour Ln, Brixton, London SW9 8RP or call them on: 07538 419514
• Southwark & Lewisham Women’s Space: The centre is closed but is providing support remotely and sends out bi-weekly wellbeing packs to service users.
• Lewisham Food Bank: Visit them at their address: Hope Centre Malham Road Forest Hill London SE23 1AN, or contact them on: 0808 208 2138
• Lewisham Homes Deptford: Evelyn Community Store in Deptford allows you to pay a very small amount for a weekly food shop.
• Norwood & Brixton Food Bank: South London Warehouse, St Margaret’s Church, Barcomber Avenue, Streatham Hill SW2 3BH – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 07722 121108
• Lambeth Adult drugs and alcohol services: Lorraine Hewitt House, 12-14 Brighton Terrace, Brixton, London, SW9 8DG, Tel: 0203 228 1500, The Harbour, Community Link Team, 245 Coldharbour lane, Brixton, SW9 8RR, Tel: 0207 095 1980,
CGL provides services via phone and video calls
PrEP is available for southeast London residents.
PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) is a type of HIV prevention method. It is a medicine that you take on an ongoing basis before sex and continued after sex that helps you stay HIV negative.
PrEP is an antiretroviral (ARV) pill that has been used for many years as a treatment for HIV. Scientific studies found that it is also effective in preventing HIV. People who do not have HIV take it every day to considerably reduce their chances of getting HIV.
Anyone in the UK can access sexual health services for free. You do not have to provide proof of address (but you’ll be asked to provide a postcode or zip code). You do not have to use your local clinic. You can still access PrEP, HIV + STI testing, and HIV + STI treatment if you do not have a secure UK address, or if you do not have secure immigration status. Sexual health services in the UK are confidential. By law they cannot share your details without your permission.
If you are having sex that puts you at risk of acquiring HIV then accessing PrEP as soon as possible is important. It’s possible to buy PrEP legally and safely online.
Please check the NHS Trusts website or call them directly for up-to-date information:
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.